Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It was a rough week..

So.. We're gonna get real here for a bit. I normally don't like talk about how defeated I feel at times with everyone in America, but I think it'll be good for us all....

This last week a tough one for me. I worked 6 full back to back days, some days with no more than a five minute break here or there. Was pulled five different directions, asked 800 questions, and had a waiting list of people trying to get in. And then I was making sure to precook my meals, eat on time, drink enough water and some how squeeze in a work out at the end of the day. Thursday, fell asleep at 6:30 pm... woke up after 9:00 am on Friday... then I proceeded to say yes to things that I knew would over book me and and try to stretch me thin enough to almost break me, making my schedule for the next week just as chaotic. By the end up the day, I really just wanted to crawl in my bed with a thing of Ben and Jerry's and watch episodes of Supernatural and Glee I've seen already. But I didn't. I messaged Brooke instead, telling her about how I was struggling and this is what she said to me....

"All i can say is don't allow yourself to start making any excuses what so ever. We are all busy. We all have pressure. We all have people doing the wrong thing around us. The key is staying strong within yourself REGARDLESS. You CAN. You'll have days for your entire life that you feel unmotivated. There's nothing wrong with you... take a day off workouts and get back on it the next day. Habit habit habit. Create GOOD ones. If it was easy everyone would be fit and healthy. Remember.. your health is important for many reasons. Just stay on it. I have faith in you. You CAN do it. Keep telling yourself that. Eventually it won't be so hard. I promise! !"

I'm totally a wiener. Anything motivating and heart felt makes me tear up. But she's right. I CAN do it. And I did. The next day I was at the gym, sweating my balls off. And on, Sunday I went for a run a the park. And because I stuck to it, and stayed on track, I lost 3 lbs and 6 more lbs of fat. I'm down to about 19 lbs of fat lost and 11 lbs on the scale. And I still have two weeks left. My goal of 22 lbs of fat GONE is just around the corner.

Everyone has shitty days. But not everyone can push through them without making up stupid excuses for themselves. I don't want to be one of those people anymore. I've spent my whole life making excuses, being on the chubby side. I use to get made fun of profusely for being so, and I'm tired of it. I'm done with the chubs, I'm done with the excuses. I WANT to healthy and happy. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment